Technology Integration/Construction Management
NORTHROP GRUMMAN AT GRAND SKY
Grand Forks Air Force Base, ND
Northrop Grumman’s newest facility is the first facility on the Grand Sky UAS Business Park near the Air Force base in Grand Forks, North Dakota. This building is dedicated to fostering autonomous systems and other capabilities. The intent is for the building to be flexible and accommodating to current and future Northrop Grumman programs and outside customers. To achieve this, iconHD defined key core spaces that supported a certain classification level. The building also features a two-story curtain wall atrium lobby highlighted by a steel framed tower, LED-wrapped bridge that connects the public space with secure space, and a constant view of the alert pad. During the design process, green design elements were integrated to the point where the facility earned LEED Certification.
• 36,000 S.F.
• LEED Certified
• Flexible multi-use office
• Required coordination with Air Force and local government
• Classroom and training spaces throughout the building to serve customers as necessary
• Executive conference room for classified meetings and teleconferences
• Visitor hoteling stations that give customers the ability to set up in an office environment
• Additional office space